July 2nd, 2012

In which things get weird(er), and Sev jumps to conclusions (which isn't actually weird).

As always, you can vote for Runewriters for a behind-the-scenes of the page in progress!

I should probably go ahead and let you guys know that I am very likely to not have a full comic for you on the 16th. It will be right after SDCC and I just won't have much comickin' time! I'll try to put together a little sketch or something; we'll see!

Vote Incentive for This Comic.

Comment by Kiri

I laughed out loud at Jonan's face in that last panel, ahahahah. ♥

posted at 12:10am on July 2nd, 2012

Reply by Shazzbaa

Hahahaha I am so pleased! He makes the best faces.

(Which is good, 'cause right now that's all he really has to work with...)

posted at 9:09pm on July 2nd, 2012

Comment by Twentydragon

Miscasts happen, even to the best of us.

posted at 12:18am on July 2nd, 2012

Reply by Stig Hemmer

Karma.

Also, spells have spoken components in this reality. He is not going to heal himself any time soon.

posted at 9:54pm on July 4th, 2012

Comment by Glew

OH! I was so looking forward to this week's page, and I expected many things, but not this. But in hindsight, Sev and Tali were never allowed inside, so of course they wouldn't know it is Jonan. Oh, now I'm even more curious what is coming out of this. Though I have the notion that maybe Jonan will reconsider healing Sev. And/Or maybe he will never admit that he Is Jonan - out of pride, so Sev will think he found an unlucky healer in the graveyard who returned the favour.

Also, what is that thing? Devil's Snare?

posted at 6:15am on July 2nd, 2012

Reply by Shazzbaa

Ahahaha, I love these ponderings! I'm quite excited to continue! :"D

Also I had to look up Devil's Snare on Google because I haven't read Harry Potter.... but.... it seems like the answer is basically yes. xD

posted at 9:08pm on July 2nd, 2012

Reply by notepadgirl

You should consider reading Harry Potter - I'm not saying this because it's a great series, but for the mythology. It's not as basic as Tolkien, but it's big and interesting, it would add to your background.

I really don't mean to sound condescending, your comic is great and I am a random fan just recommending Harry Potter, when I'm a Potter fan, too.

I cannot get over the fact that you're a homestuck, though. Did not see that one coming. You're awesome.

posted at 7:52pm on July 17th, 2012

Comment by Rachel

I love the idea that Jonan is entangled in a thorny vine that is cutting into his arm, has his mouth sealed shut, and still has enough dignity left to be offended by some random tentacled shapechanger calling him a jerk.

posted at 12:39pm on July 2nd, 2012

Reply by Nziz

Yes. This exactly.

posted at 5:01am on July 4th, 2012

Comment by Foxx Trotter

**Unrelated to the comic, but relevant to your interests.**

You may have already seen or heard about this, Shazz, but I just noticed the article on the WRAL website. Interesting indeed.

posted at 1:58pm on July 2nd, 2012

Reply by Shazzbaa

Oh! If you want to send me something unrelated, you can always e-mail me -- I've finally got my email up in the FAQ section (and on my main website).

posted at 9:16pm on July 2nd, 2012

Comment by Artificer-Urza

You know what would be funny? If this were the result of a miscast.

posted at 9:57am on July 3rd, 2012

Comment by rainycity1

...myself, I'm thinking that we've already seen one facestealer...

posted at 10:39am on July 3rd, 2012