January 23rd, 2012

In which extended road trips are making everyone irritable.

OH MAN WOW this one's late. This page seriously beat me up and ate me for breakfast. I hope you guys like how it finally came out!

Vote incentive tiiiiime! On this one you can see how I typically handle lighting (hint: I do it the lazy way).

Vote Incentive for This Comic.

Comment by Ryorin

Woooooo! I'm awake for the page! :D

Wow, Tareth unstuck the map without ripping it? That takes skill. Or she's had plenty of opportunity to practice. Either way, her "ick" face is priceless.

posted at 6:07am on January 24th, 2012

Reply by Shazzbaa

AHAHAHA wow I did not expect anyone up at that hour. xD

Yeahhhhhh, "practise" is probably a fair assumption. >A> Though she also has a bit more, uh, finesse than Severian does, let's be honest.

posted at 10:58pm on January 24th, 2012

Comment by Meggyc

Oooh! Oh! I spy something fuzzy with cool looking paws running around the page.

I really love the Severian/Tareth interaction. Sev's line in panel four made me laugh. I also love the colors used in this page.

posted at 8:12am on January 24th, 2012

Reply by Shazzbaa

WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT, I SAW NOTHING.

And thank you! Trying out new colours has been a fun challenge. *u*

posted at 10:59pm on January 24th, 2012

Comment by Zimmay

Time for a random encounterrrr. And Sev made his spot check!

posted at 3:40pm on January 24th, 2012

Reply by Shazzbaa

EVERYONE ROLL FOR INITIATIVE

posted at 11:01pm on January 24th, 2012

Comment by Brittany

Oh man this is awesome! Wonderful job!!

I just have one comment to keep in mind especially with low lighting, most of this page doesn't have much contrast and it would only enhance the glow from the fire and lightning if you added in some more darks like in the background. Other than that it's so awesome and came out beautifully!

posted at 8:23pm on January 25th, 2012

Comment by GiBandit

so let me get this straight. his legs and tail (bone?) are stuck in the creature who he transformed in to to save tareth, his hands are stuck as the monster he tried to kill, and he has horns from some previous transformation gone wrong?

posted at 2:49pm on January 26th, 2012

Reply by Nziz

I think everything except the horns are from the saving-Tareth transformation.

posted at 3:15am on January 27th, 2012

Reply by Shazzbaa

More or less! His feet, tail, and hands are still messed up from the attempt to cast runes off his skin to protect Tareth. He said that the thing he turned into wasn't supposed to have tentacles, but WHY he got those while fighting a tentacle monster? Your guess is as good as Sev's!

And the horns are apparently from a while back, where something just stuck longer than it was supposed to and never went away. These things happen sometimes!

posted at 4:41am on January 27th, 2012

Comment by SotiCoto

What is the fluffy rune-wolf-thing with rings on its paws doing in the background?

posted at 7:29am on March 9th, 2016